The life of a woman who possesses true femininity is italicized by true beauty. This beauty is fixed on what is eternal, authentic, & pure. True femininity is committed to displaying this rare version of beauty in every aspect of her life because it calls attention to Christ instead of her.
True femininity deals with insecurity by making much of Christ, whose identity she bears. She trusts that he defines her rather than requiring the fickle affirmation of others, who can only offer futile words & fleeting pity.
True femininity is uninterested in the world’s approval; deaf to their commentary. Her eyes are fixed & her ears are attuned heavenward—interested solely in the guidance & approval of Jesus.
True femininity is approachable rather than intimidating. Her confidence is laced with humility because it is founded upon Christ and not her own efforts; therefore, she extends herself to others & lives in a manner that invites you to know her.
True femininity uses the power of her tongue to comfort, encourage, and inspire others with truth. She speaks with integrity, seeking to build others up even in their absence.
True femininity inspires true masculinity when a man pursues her by choosing to preserve his integrity instead of enticing him into lust or compromise.
True femininity is evident in her placid calmness—the chaos of the world and her personal life do not threaten the peace she has received through God.
True femininity develops through a dedicated pursuit of the Lord’s heart. As she discovers more of his heart, her life begins to resemble it.
No one accidentally embodies this—it is a choice, & this description of femininity is worth pursuing because it’s contagious. It’s not about trying harder. It’s about valuing what Christ has already called us to as women after his own heart. Once we’re satisfied in him, our role as the bride of Christ is evident in the way we hold ourselves & treat others. When your life is punctuated by the love & freedom of Christ, others prosper—for you will be living in true joy that others will be unable to ignore.
yes. yes. yes.Posted on: October 11, 2012 with 116 notes
- dreamer-be reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- dreamer-be likes this
- czcameron likes this
- morepreciousthanallgold reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- morepreciousthanallgold likes this
- w-one-of-us reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- w-one-of-us likes this
- captainnargleshasarrived reblogged this from societykillscreativity
- societykillscreativity reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- birdssandcages likes this
- warm-memories likes this
- thelittlevictories reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- hauptstimme likes this
- artonmylevel likes this
- emeryann likes this
- blahksheep reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- blahksheep likes this
- fringeywarrior likes this
- blissanne reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- carefuldiction likes this
- lovedbythecreator likes this
- itmakesforhappyendings likes this
- teafortanisha likes this
- kingmickeyy likes this
- meonapage likes this
- singsmysoul likes this
- taste-of-eternity likes this
- theunknowndreamer likes this
- ladidadidara likes this
- sixteenyears reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- sixteenyears likes this
- oneofhisown reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- causeimeffortless reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- tomatoesandmashedpotatoes reblogged this from yesdarlingido and added:
- crosszealot likes this
- nightofstars reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- inamelody likes this
- itsbreanaful reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- gingerfeverr reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- gingerfeverr likes this
- hope4theforgotten reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- fairlypoppins likes this
- fillmyheartgod likes this
- hope4theforgotten likes this
- sparklek reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- recurrent-light reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- thekinglovesme reblogged this from yesdarlingido
- jamiecorder likes this
- rejoiceintheunseen reblogged this from wreckedronnie
- rejoiceintheunseen likes this